Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Modesto Roadmen Website



The blog post that was due two days ago was to be a whimsical one, mock-proposing radical changes to the Tour de France. That post got delayed (hopefully by no more than a week) by my involvement in another project. Regular readers of this blog already know a lot about the Modesto Roadmen, the bicycle club I belonged to way back in the 1960's, when I was in High School. As noted in those posts, I have been back in contact with one of the other four founders of this club. Because I have more or less made it a policy on this blog not to use peoples' real names, I refer to him as "Peter". Peter has a friend who I will refer to as "J". J is a Modesto cyclist who specializes in endurance events. The three of us decided it would be fun to create a website for sharing pictures and other forms of Modesto Roadmen history, and I have spent the last few days setting that up; the current front page of that site is shown in the picture at the top of this post.

Do you wonder who J and Peter really are? The three of us who are putting up the Modesto Roadmen website, after due consideration, decided that we will use real names on that site, so go there to find out! (Clue: The code names used on this blog have the same first letter as the first names of the organizers listed on the above website.)

I hope that the Modesto Roadmen website will grow and develop for a long time. In any case, it is very minimal right now and I expect it to get a lot better over the next few weeks as I continue to upload pictures. If you are curious, the site is here:

http://www.modesto-roadmen.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment